Procedure for Reporting Accidents

When someone is injured, call security at ext. 13 if emergency medical assistance is needed.

For more minor injuries during normal business hours, please take the injured person to University Health Service in the Medical Center. If stitches, etc. are required from the Emergency Department, University Health Services can usually speed up the process and minimize your wait.

After having followed any necessary emergency procedures, please follow the reporting procedures below:

For all accidents: The PI/Supervisor must call Workman's Compensation at the University (5-7250) or go to the Workman's Compensation Accident Reporting Website. Please print the completed form and hand it in to the Main Office.

The University will ask for the following information:

  • Name of Employee injured
  • Social Security #
  • Position
  • Employee's regular work hours
  • Date of Incident
  • Time of Incident
  • When first reported to the Supervisor
  • Where accident occurred
  • What occurred
  • Has the employee missed any time from work (and were they paid for this time - barring extraordinary circumstances, the answer is yes)
  • Supervisor's Name
  • Supervisor's Position
  • Supervisor's Phone #